More on Charlie....

Charlie came to us rather quickly. Jeff and I had been talking about getting a dog for awhile, but didn't know if we had enough time to give a puppy the proper care and training it would need. Jeff happened to stop in to a local dog shelter one day and called me at work to see if I would be interested in a "basset hound-lab mix named Charlie." The shelter where he was living had a one-month euthanization policy. Jeff had stopped in two weeks previous, and found out on this trip, that Charlie only had until the end of the week, unless someone adopted him. I looked him up online and he had such a sweet face. I couldn't bear the thought of him being put to sleep! So Jeff and I decided that we wanted to save a new friend!!
Charlie was immediately a friend. He's one of those dogs that when he's happy, he wags his whole body. He's such a great "welcome home" dog and we enjoy every minute we spend with him! If anyone is looking for a pet, I'd like to pass on a great resource, Petfinder, which has links to all rescue shelters and can be searched by location.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie's a bad dog and you know it.