Busy as a Bee...

This was one busy summer!!

I realized tonight when sorting through my hard drive, that I took so many photos this summer that I have not even opened up and taken a closer look at. For fun, I went through a few of them tonight, just to see what was there. As soon as I opened this one, I knew I had to blog it.

My camera comes along, on a lot of our Charlie walks and I remember this walk in particular. We were along edge of a wooded area near our house, when I noticed a huge swarm of bees, darting from flower to flower, busily collecting pollen. I stopped and watched them for awhile. I was immediately impressed by how such a creature could spring in to life, intrinsically know its purpose and work without abandon. Sun up to sun down.

Though I know where the old saying "Busy as a bee" comes from, to see it in action makes it so much more interesting, and almost amusing!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome picture and i always love what you write about them too!

very well done

Dad said...

Excellent picture Jenni.

Anonymous said...

Cool...but isn't that a bumble bee and a honey bee? I didn't realize the two would even get along well enoug to be so close to one another at the same time.

Danica Lynn said...

OMG that's awesome!

Jennifer Lehner Photography said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jenni,
What a great photo!!! I love it! You capture nature so well in your photos.