White's Mill & Chester Courthouse

Last Sunday, Jeff and I (Charlie, too!) went down to Athens, Pomeroy & Chester.

Our first stop was in Athens to photograph White's Mill along the Hocking River. I'm having trouble finding any history on the building. However, I have found that it now houses local artisan crafts, Native American jewelry and gardening supplies. It really is a beautiful spot for taking photos. But I think better weather would provide greater results.

Then we went down to Pomeroy to eat at the Wild Horse Cafe. I didn't take any pictures there because I was too hungry and focused on eating. It was a very cool restaurant, situated on the Ohio River. From our seat, we had a sweeping view of the river and watched as barges slowly drifted by. I highly recommend visiting it, should you find yourself in Pomeroy.

Last stop, Chester, Ohio. Home of Ohio's oldest standing courthouse which now houses the Ohio Appalachian Heritage Center. A very cool, old building. I found it amusing that the outside light fixtures were equipped for energy efficient light bulbs. :) My favorite thing about the Chester Courthouse was the old bell sitting on the ground. It was quite photogenic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!! I can only imagine the beauty if taken in the colorful months..
I love the old bell also great picture..

Anonymous said...

I love the historic buildings...beautiful. You should go back in the summer when things are in bloom and do a comparison post.